For most homeowners, attic insulation is out of sight and out of mind. Did you know however that insulation can make all the difference when it comes to energy efficiency and temperature control? If you’ve been looking for reliable attic insulation contractors to help replace or improve your insulation, look no further than 4 Seasons Heating & Cooling. We offer blow in attic insulation services, which are easier to install, and better for your home. The process is quick and effective, and will quickly yield results in your Reno home.
Save on attic insulation installation with our coupons and savings.
What is Blown In Attic Insulation?
Insulation is traditionally installed in sheets and requires extra work to secure it in place in your attic. When attic insulation installation is completed in your home, these sheets need to be adjusted and cut to size, making the process longer and more difficult to complete.
With blow in attic insulation, as the name would suggest, insulation is pumped into your attic, covering every nook and cranny. Blow in attic insulation is made from the same material as traditional attic insulation, but is instead shredded into small pieces. Because of this small size, it’s able to plug up any crack of the seam where air can escape.
4 Seasons Heating & Cooling can help with your blow in attic insulation. We will measure the size of your attic and get enough insulation to cover the area. As we blow it into your attic, we also check for even coverage to ensure that there are no areas of concern for your home.
5 Perks of Attic Insulation Installation
Properly insulating your home is one of the most basic and important steps you can take to achieve year-round comfort while lowering your energy costs. Most older homes, and newer homes too, can benefit from additional insulation in the attic, exterior walls, overhangs, sill boxes, or the foundation.
For even greater results, consider insulating and air sealing at the same time. It’s a strategy that works to prevent wasted energy and money from slipping through the cracks, and it quickly pays for itself in reduced utility bills. Some major perks of attic insulation include:
- Improved Temperature Control: One reason why your home may take longer to cool or heat is that air is escaping through your attic. With new insulation installed, the air will remain where it’s supposed to be, making temperature control much easier.
- Energy Efficiency: By keeping the air in your home, your air conditioner doesn't have to work as hard to cool your home. Over time, this can translate into significant savings on your monthly energy expenses.
- Quieter Air Ducts: Your ductwork generally runs in your attic, and when there is little to no insulation, you’ll hear it more than ever. With blow in attic insulation in place, the noise will be dampened, making your air conditioner quiet and efficient.
- Easy Installation: Although some homeowners may avoid new installations, with blow in attic insulation, the entire process is easy. Think of it as a massive vacuum hose, but in reverse. It sprays small pieces of insulation everywhere until it’s completely covered.
- Affordability: At 4 Seasons Heating & Cooling we provide services at a flat rate. Combine that with the cost-effectiveness of blow in attic insulation, and you have an affordable improvement to your home, that can reward you with significant savings.
We are your reliable attic insulation contractors. We make the entire process easy, and can even perform duct testing and air duct repairs to complete a system overhaul that will have you enjoying a more comfortable home.
Visit our reviews page to see what some of our customers are saying, and when you’re ready, schedule an appointment with our experts.
Evaluating Your Home for Insulation
To determine whether you should add insulation, you first need to find out how much you already have. The Home Performance with Energy Star® program is here to help.
Simply contact a certified Trade Ally contractor. They will assess your home using special diagnostic tools and modeling software, and make recommendations specific to your needs. Cash incentives are also available for eligible home improvements.
More Reasons to Insulate
Insulation slows down the movement of heat to keep it where you want it. That means out in the summertime, and in during the chilly winter months.
- Greater comfort
- Lower utility bills
- Less pollen and dust
- Fewer drafts
- Less noise
- Prevention of ice dams
- Humidity control