Air Purification Services
Improving Indoor Air Quality in Reno
Studies tell us that the air inside a home can be up to 100 times more polluted than the air outside. Most modern homes are built airtight. This building standard is great for energy efficiency, but it does not give air the ability to clean itself.
At 4 Seasons Heating & Cooling, we offer a range of air purification systems to help you breathe easier and enjoy a healthier home or business.
Call (775) 210-1665 for a free estimate on our air purification services in Reno and the surrounding areas.
How Do Air Purifiers Work?
Some air purifiers use filters to trap pollutants, and others use an electrical charge to kill bacteria and viruses. Combination models use both methods, and they usually produce the best results.
Some of the most common types of air purifiers include:
- HEPA filters: High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filters are made of a fine mesh. This material traps particles as small as 0.3 microns. Particles this size include dust, pollen, pet dander, and even some bacteria and viruses. HEPA filters are the most effective on the market, but they must be replaced regularly.
- UV germicidal lights: These lights use ultraviolet (UV) radiation to kill bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms. UV radiation damages a microorganism’s DNA, making it impossible for it to reproduce. These lights are effective at killing microorganisms, but they do not remove particles from the air.
- Electronic air purifiers: Electronic air purifiers use an electrical charge to kill bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms. When the organisms pass through the air purifier, they become positively charged. These positively charged particles pull the organisms toward negatively charged plates inside the air purifier. There, the microorganisms are trapped and killed. Electronic air purifiers do not remove particles from the air.
- Activated carbon filters: These filters are made of a special charcoal. The charcoal has been treated with oxygen to open up millions of tiny pores. These pores trap odors, chemicals, and other gaseous pollutants as they pass through the filter. Activated carbon filters are not as effective as HEPA filters at removing particles, but they are very effective at eliminating odors.
What Are the Benefits of Air Purification?
Purifying your indoor air can help:
- Reduce dust
- Reduce VOCs
- Reduce odors
- Improve sleep
- Improve mood
- Reduce pet dander
- Reduce energy costs
- Reduce mold and mildew
- Reduce bacteria and viruses
- Reduce allergy and asthma symptoms
Our team is here to help install and maintain air purification systems in your home or business. To meet with our team in Reno, contact us online.
“Extremely knowledgeable, on time, get right to it, and get things completed promptly. Explain what needs to be done and why. Have used them in the past and will continue to do so in the future. Highly recommend them for all your HVAC needs!!” - Walter S.
“Responded quickly and provided space heaters until my forced air heater was replaced. Can't say enough good things about 4Seasons. Their techs knew exactly what they were doing and were great guys to work with. Professional and knowledgeable.” - Debra H.
“I recently had 4 Seasons replace my old heater two weeks ago. They had it done within 2 days of the original call. Today I had a question/problem and they had 2 techs out within minutes of my call to help me! I highly recommend 4 Seasons to all my friends!” - Michelle D.
“4 Seasons is a top-notch company that truly cares about their customers. The guys did a professional job and did exactly what was expected. They cleaned up everything they brought. I would highly recommend their services.” - Kevin B.
“I highly recommend 4 Seasons Heating & Cooling. Eric was here an hour after I called. He immediately found the problem and was very professional.” - Barbara J.
“I have used 4 seasons for just about everything from furnace install, cleaning maintenance, ac maintenance, and little things in between. Every single time they come they are knowledgeable and professional!” - Anna C.
Each person we hire undergoes a background screening and drug test for your safety and peace of mind.
As a local family-owned-and-operated company, we value the same things you do. Our approach to solving problems with the best-trained staff and top-of-the-line diagnostic equipment is like no other.
Can any other company beat our warranty? Unlikely. All new installations come with a 10-year parts-and-labor warranty. That’s how confident we are in the quality of our materials and workmanship.