Are you concerned that your home is not as insulated as possible? A home with compromised insulation can leak air, increase your energy bills, and hamper the overall functionality of your heating and cooling system. One way to determine whether or not there are any chinks in your home’s armor is with a blower door test.
Blower door testing helps to gauge the airtightness of your home, while also giving our technicians an opportunity to find these leaks and fix them. At 4 Seasons Heating & Cooling, we have achieved our blower door test certification, so the testing we perform in your home is of the highest quality around.
What Is A Blower Door Test?
If you’ve been concerned about the airtightness of your home, then one way to determine whether or not you have air leaks is through a blower door test. In this testing process, a blower motor with a fan is installed in your door frame and a technician will then close all exterior doors and windows in your home.
From there, the fan will be turned on and fill your home with air. The blower contains gauges that measure the internal and external pressure, and this data is used to determine how much leakage is in the home. With this number and a thorough inspection of your home, a technician will be able to determine where your home is compromised perform the repairs needed to remedy the situation.
What Are the Benefits of Blower Door Testing?
Blower door testing has plenty of benefits that make it a good choice for homeowners. Some of these include:
- Improves Energy Efficiency: A major side effect of compromised insulation in your home is wasted energy. As your home works harder to keep you cool or warm, your utilities rise. Once a trouble area is found and repaired, you should notice a decrease in your energy costs.
- Increases Property Value: If you’re planning on selling or refinancing your home, you want to make sure your house is appraised at top dollar. Ensuring your home is perfectly sealed and insulated is a great way to achieve that goal.
- Prevents Emergencies: A blower door test is a great way to assess the condition of your home. Once small repair issues are located and remedied, you can prevent major emergencies from ever happening.
- Eliminates Noisy HVAC Issues: If there are open spaces where there is little to no insulation, it may be the reason for a noisy HVAC system. Our technicians will find these pockets and ensure they’re insulated to decrease the noise of your air conditioner.
At 4 Seasons Heating & Cooling, we’ve done extensive training to earn our blower door test certification. Because of this, you can trust the testing we perform in your home, and the results we gather. We will also work with you to remedy any leak situations, which can help keep the air in your home perfectly controlled.
What Is Air Sealing?
Air sealing works to prevent air leakage, a common dilemma that puts an extra burden on your heating and cooling system and makes it harder and more expensive to maintain comfort. The typical trouble spots include attics, interior walls, electrical outlets, and light fixtures—areas where it’s easy for warm air to escape or sneak into your home against your best interests. A smart combination of insulation and air sealing is the ideal prescription to combat the issue, boost comfort, and improve home performance.
Is Your Home a Candidate for Air Sealing?
A close inspection from a trusted source is the first step to determining whether your home will benefit from air sealing. That’s where Home Performance with ENERGY STAR steps in. Simply contact a certified Trade Ally contractor. They will assess your home using special diagnostic tools and modeling software, and make recommendations specific to your needs.
What Are the Benefits of Air Sealing?
Don’t let energy and money slip through the cracks. Air leakage can account for 30% or more of a home’s heating and cooling costs. It can also cause other problems such as moisture, noise, dust, and an all-access pass for pollutants.
Air sealing helps by providing:
- Increased comfort and consistent temperatures
- Savings on heating and cooling costs
- Healthier indoor environment and better air quality
- A more energy-efficient home
- Cash incentives are also available for eligible home improvements
Visit our reviews page to see what some of our customers have to say about our blower door testing, or just schedule your test today!
What Are the Most Common Causes of Household Air Leaks?
Air often leaks in areas of the home you wouldn't expect, including:
- Behind kneewalls
- Attic hatch
- Wiring holes
- Plumbing vents
- Recessed lights
- Furnace flue or duct chaseways
- Basement rim joists
- Windows and doors
Why Choose Our Team?
There are several advantages to choosing the experienced team at 4 Seasons Heating & Cooling, including:
- Decade of Excellence: Since 2008, we've set the standard for service excellence, delivering what others can't.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vibe: We're your local experts, offering that familiar, welcoming Reno feel you know and love.
- Problem Solvers: We tackle challenges head-on, backed by a highly skilled team and cutting-edge diagnostic tools.
- Upfront Pricing: Say goodbye to surprises. Our transparent pricing structure ensures you know what to expect.
- Unbeatable Warranty: Enjoy peace of mind with our industry-leading 10-year parts and labor warranty on new installations.
- Safety Assurance: Your security matters. Our licensed, insured technicians pass rigorous background checks and drug tests.
Experience service that goes beyond the ordinary—choose 4 Seasons Heating & Cooling today!
If you suspect that air could be escaping from your home, call (775) 210-1665 or contact us online to schedule your air sealing and blower door testing today with the pros at 4 Seasons Heating & Cooling.
“Extremely knowledgeable, on time, get right to it, and get things completed promptly. Explain what needs to be done and why. Have used them in the past and will continue to do so in the future. Highly recommend them for all your HVAC needs!!” - Walter S.
“Responded quickly and provided space heaters until my forced air heater was replaced. Can't say enough good things about 4Seasons. Their techs knew exactly what they were doing and were great guys to work with. Professional and knowledgeable.” - Debra H.
“I recently had 4 Seasons replace my old heater two weeks ago. They had it done within 2 days of the original call. Today I had a question/problem and they had 2 techs out within minutes of my call to help me! I highly recommend 4 Seasons to all my friends!” - Michelle D.
“4 Seasons is a top-notch company that truly cares about their customers. The guys did a professional job and did exactly what was expected. They cleaned up everything they brought. I would highly recommend their services.” - Kevin B.
“I highly recommend 4 Seasons Heating & Cooling. Eric was here an hour after I called. He immediately found the problem and was very professional.” - Barbara J.
“I have used 4 seasons for just about everything from furnace install, cleaning maintenance, ac maintenance, and little things in between. Every single time they come they are knowledgeable and professional!” - Anna C.
Each person we hire undergoes a background screening and drug test for your safety and peace of mind.
As a local family-owned-and-operated company, we value the same things you do. Our approach to solving problems with the best-trained staff and top-of-the-line diagnostic equipment is like no other.
Can any other company beat our warranty? Unlikely. All new installations come with a 10-year parts-and-labor warranty. That’s how confident we are in the quality of our materials and workmanship.